3.29.2012

It's about to get personal.

Funny how our mood can change in a day:
Me at work earlier today
A few minutes ago
If I could explain how I've been feeling the last few weeks,
I'd probably say that I'm in an emotional gray area.

So here's a breakdown:

FRIENDSHIP
Well I've definitely weeded out the bad apples,
It seems that the select few I would love to have in my life are the hardest to hold on to.
I'm not the type to chase someone to be my friend, that's just pathetic.
Of course I'm referring to the female friends.

It seems making male friends is easy for me.
( which can get awkward now that I'm married )
I made friends with two guys I did a project with for a class,
the project was over a span of several weeks so within that time all three of us bonded pretty well.
But that's not exactly the friends I can invite (individually) over to have dinner 
without it crossing some married line.

MY JOB / FINANCES
I've been so torn.
I want to quit to make room for school and side projects,
but we can't afford to cut any source of income- no matter how small it may be.
I want to try and venture out more in my freelancing but 
that is even more inconsistent than my 'on-call' position at the studio. 

To quit or not to quit?

As for finances, we're doing alright.
Not great but we're making it.
I always tell myself how much better we have it than most people our age
and that I'm lucky my husband is a great provider.
But we lately we haven't had room for anything outside our basic needs.

MARRIAGE
Like all relationships, we have our ups & downs.
Of course I'm thankful everyday that I have a husband like him,
I know that I could do a lot worse.
But we've been bickering a lot lately because of responsibilities at home that go unnoticed.
Nick has a tendency of overlooking things and most of all, forgetting.

My patience has run a bit thin the last few months,
specially with school full time, work and freelancing.

I'm pretty straight forward with him on what he needs to do;
ways to help around the house, small things to make life easier,
utilizing his time better and also how to be more romantic. 
It seems my requests go unnoticed and I'm running out of ways to communicate with him.

SCHOOL
School is going real well,
I received all A's last quarter
( There's a possibility I got one B, 
but I don't know since some of my instructors are 
horrible at updating their grade book on line.) 
I'm looking forward to taking more classes
and I was thinking, if I quit my job,
I could work on my art more and maybe start exhibiting again. 


~ * on a positive note * ~

I just ordered some business cards and I love love love how the design turned out!
I'll be sure to post pics once they're delivered.







0 pennies for thoughts:

Post a Comment