4.08.2012

Nailed it! OMBRE Nail tutorial

Okay, so I usually steer away from wild nail polish designs/tutorials because every time I do them I either;

a- mess them up
b- hate them and take them off
c- doubt I can pull them off
d- all of the above

But this one I just had to try because it has a subtle look that adds a big impact.

THE LINK TO THE TUTORIAL IS HERE

Sorry for the bad quality pics, my point and shoot is with my sister this weekend.


So, I'm pretty happy with the results and I realized you can pretty much put
any colors together if you wanted to.
Next time I'll try a white tip that fades up to a black or sunset orange?

These are the colors I used for mine:


The brand is L'OREAL
The darkest color for the tip is called, Breaking Curfew #480
The Middle color is just a slightly lighter, more transparent version called, Haute Couture Red #470
Then the lightest part is called, Eiffel for you #370

On that note: Id really love to have the job of naming colors! how fun.




DISCLAIMER:
I don't recommend doing this on your toes.
It was a bigger mess than I anticipated because the sponge was so big
and my toe nails so small,
my little piggies were covered with nail polish! 

Also if you are right handed like I am,
good luck cleaning the mess off of your right hand with a brush.

0 pennies for thoughts:

Post a Comment