4.08.2012

Make Your Own Nail Color w/eyeshadow!

I didn't even try to be crafty with the title since it's amazing on its own.
Yes, with eyeshadow you can make your own nail polish color. 

I didn't really have a tutorial source for this since I kinda knew how to do this from a while ago
and since my sis has my point & shoot this weekend,
I don't have step by step pictures.

What you need:


1. Quick dry clear nail polish
( 2 bottles preferably )
2. eye shadow of your choice
( you can even mix colors )
3. nail polish remover
(incase you only have 1 bottle of clear)
4. something to mix it in that you don't care about,
I used an old tupperware that's super small.
5. to mix with, like a plastic spoon or in my case
the pointy end of an old paint brush

And that's it! 
now the beauty of quick dry clear polish is that it 
makes your "new nail polish" quick dry also! 

Directions:

1. Use your mixing utensil to scrape some of the eye shadow onto your mixing palette
2. Pour some clear nail polish over it,
I used a lot since it made it easier to work with plus it wasn't as clumpy.
3. Mix it with your spoon until there's no clumps.
4. Then paint!
( add a few drops of clear nail polish in the mix every other nail to keep it from getting muddy )
5. Lastly, use your 2nd clear nail polish to add a top coat.

If you don't have a 2nd bottle of it,
clean your brush with nail polish remover-
it won't be like new but it'll do.

The colors I used surprised me when mixed.
I don't have a before picture,
but it was a very hot pink from MAC I've had since high school
and a strong pigmented gold/green flake shadow.

I used mostly the hot pink then added a small amount of the flake,
it turned out to be this gorgeous copper color.
It was unexpected at how strong that flake took to the polish,
and the pink was almost nonexistent except for what 
I can only assume is the reason why it has such a warm tone to it. 

I do apologize if my feet freak you out...




0 pennies for thoughts:

Post a Comment